Monday, February 1, 2010

LORD, I Want to Know You, Week 5

The All-Sufficient One, our El Shaddai

Kay shares with us about growing up in church, knowing the name God and that she knew God's son's name was Jesus. I too grew up like that, perhaps you did as well? Not until I turned 30 years old did I begin to realize that there was more to just being in a church on a Sunday morning, there had to be more. God began to woo me and at the age of 33, I hit the bottom of the barrel so to speak. At that moment in time there was absolutely only one direction and that was up! For me that is when I began my relationship with God the Father and hungered to spend time with Him. At that point He became my El Shaddai.

I am learning more and more every day, over time, that God is becoming in my heart of hearts, my very own, all-sufficient God. He truly supplies my every need. NOT WANTS, but needs. As well as revealing Himself to me every day that I ask Him to because when I do, He prepares my heart and eyes to see Him, that He is my El Roi. Remember, we learned this name of God last week, El Roi, the God who sees?

I close this short lesson this week with a question that Kay asked us as well, "Has God revealed Himself to you as El Shaddai? What has that meant in your life?"

Ladies, with just Lea, Edie and I doing this study on-line, I'm no longer going to add "Mr. Linky". Please just post your response here and let us know to come to your own blogs to find what God has shown you in the lessons this week. Thank you for understanding. WITH LOVE, Yolanda

1 comment:

Edie said...

I'm late today but still loving this study. God revealed Himself to me as El Shaddai when I first became a Christian but I didn't know this was the name attached to The God Who is Enough.

One night as I was praying, I found myself saying (and meaning it) that if God wanted xx for my life (instead of what I had been asking for) that I was willing because He was Enough for me.