Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Joy Comes In The Morning and then some

In September of 2010 a new dimension of Joy Comes In The Morning came into play for me. I had a couple of years of intense pain and discomfort not knowing what was happening but living with it. Then I decided I couldn't do that any longer, perhaps something serious was wrong and so after many rounds of tests it was discovered that I was dealing with an auto-immune disease, a heart situation, a long ago injury as well as m thyroid. But in September of 2010 after 18 months of tons of pain and lots of bed rest, I decided to take matters into my own hands because medication wasn't getting a grip on the situation for me. That much pain and bed time was causing me to be robbed of my JOY.

What did I do? First after much encouragement from close and dear friends, I began to change the way I eat. A life-style change that has been life changing to say the least.

With that change I began to have just a spark of energy that motivated me to PUSH through the pain and get outside and do any thing that would move my limbs. By January I decided to add some running/jogging to my walking routine and in about 6 weeks I found myself signed up for my first ever 5k run! I really had no idea what I was getting into as the race ended up being a 5k TRAIL RUN. BIG DIFFERENCE! :-) **Taken prior to running at the 5k Frost Your Fanny Train Run**


While I ran my first ever 5k, I prayed to God in all honesty telling Him what I would like my time to be as I had walked a 5k distance. I knew my walking time, but had no idea what my running/jogging time would be for me. As I came across the finish line and saw my time, I had the most natural high ever and literally could not stop praising Him and crying. HE BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I have since completed a second 5k. **This ws taken just prior to the Jr. Civic 5k Hoppy Run
2) Am now biking for basically the first time in my life; yesterday in just over an hour I biked 9.5 miles
3) I dropped 30 plus pounds
4) Have kicked the sugar, white flour, caffeine, chocolate, carbonation habit!
5) My JOY has returned, it never really left me, but it is so much more evident in my everyday! All the glory goes to GOD, He is amazing! By eating what He designed, my life is so much more enjoyable.

Joy truly does come in the morning,
Yolanda

6 comments:

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food said...

Yolanda,

Your story is so inspiring to anyone who is struggling through similar issues. You have come so far already and I look forward to reading more as you progress along your journey! :)

Leaon Mary said...

Great to hear from you yolanda! I've been reading your posts on facebook and have loved watching your transformation! Giving God the glory for your renewed health!
smoochyholykisses xoxoxoxoxox
Lea

healthful pursuit said...

You have such an inspiring story to tell! I'm so happy you found my blog, Yolanda :)

- Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit

Stefanie Mockler said...

What a great story! It's so nice to see others who have become healthy and found a love for fitness along the way! Great job on your 5k's! :)

Lisa @ Healthful Sense said...

Hi Yolanda,
I love reading your posts and your story!! God is good!

Erik Ammon said...

Great story Yolanda! I look forward to reading more!!