Monday, January 25, 2010

LORD, I Want to Know You, Week 4

Ladies do you find yourself going over the Names of God that we've already begun to learn? Reminds me of memorizing scripture because you and I don't want to ever forget WHO God is!!

Week 4 finds us learning that God is El Roi, the God who sees! I find so much comfort in knowing that He sees all. When I take a hit of air and allow that to soak into my mind in the midst of a trial especially with another human being I find so much comfort. It actually allows me to remove my hand from the situation and I find myself not adding fuel to the fire that has been started. I can allow Him to vindicate me and I also then allow Him to be seen through me.

Because of my own testimony Genesis 50:20 NIV has been an anchor verse: "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Because of my heart being melted and turning to Him, then He can use me as an example and others may then turn away from sin and be saved as well. My Life verses speak of this very thing, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." 1 Timothy 1:15-16 NIV.

I share this because my God is El Roi.

Kay Arthur stated how important it is to not stuff a hurt that we have, that it is important to allow God to heal us, to get that out in the open with Him. I know in my own life that when I stuff something generally it will be the tiniest little thing that will then spark and get out of control. Why? Because I didn't give it to El Roi and allow Him to heal me.

I am quoting Kay: "Where does healing begin? With the recognition of El Roi, the God who sees. He was awake. He saw it all." And again: "God saw it. He knows the sin that was committed against you. And someday He will vindicate you."

Something else that Kay shared caught me a little off guard, I knew it, but for some reason, it hit me afresh as I studied this week. "After you realize that He sees you, you need to know that in His sovereignty He permitted it. Therefore, as horrible and as destructive as it seems, in God's economy, it will be used for good. You must know Him, believe Him, and put your trust in His name, for He does not forsake those who seek Him (Psalm 9:10)."

We were asked to list ways that help us to know that God sees, that He is El Roi. I would like for you to share that in your comments of those coming here to glean from our own nuggets as you and I have studied "LORD, I Want To Know You".

I have written this a few days early, as I will be gone Sunday evening. I am also studying the Tabernacle with a local group of women. A scripture in my homework today for this other study speaks volumes to me for this study as well: 1 Peter 4:9 NIV: "So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." I see Elohim and I see El Roi.


Thank you for allowing me to be your servant,
Yolanda

4 comments:

Edie said...

Like you, I have been reviewing the Names I have already learned in my mind too, and I am viewing God through the lens of those Names too. I really love this!

El Roi is the God who doesn't overlook me when I blow it. He shows me this as He reveals His love and forgiveness to me, and as He continues to bless me and use me.

I love El Roi!

Leaon Mary said...

Yolanda,
I'm amazed how many times through the word this past week, that I read about God seeing us... and it was in a round about way preached in our sunday sermon. How God DOES THAT ... to bring things together... amazes me. I love my El Roi too!!!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yolanda, this really ministered to me today. Especially relevant in my life was the sentence where you said..."I can allow Him to vindicate me and I also then allow Him to be seen through me." That's where I am right now in a couple of relationships. Hoping that the persons on the other end can see Him through me!

Love you so much Sister!!

Marilyn

Leaon Mary said...

My El Shadaii, my El Roi, My El Elyon... Yolanda, I love learning His names! It's sinkin in too! AMAZING HUH? WOOhOOOO