Monday, April 19, 2010

LORD, I Want to Know You, Week 16

The Lord our righteousness

Righteousness means having a RIGHT standing with God. How does one do that? By recognizing that they are a sinner, needing a savior, accepting and believing that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, suffered and died on the cross, was buried three days in a borrowed tomb, arose from the dead and walked on earth in a new heavenly body and then arose to sit at the right hand seat of Almighty God, Jesus' Father. ALL BECAUSE HE WAS AND IS THE ONLY PERFECT SACRIFICE THAT COMPLETES ALL SACRIFICES.

The Lord our righteousness, in the Hebrew is: Jehovah-tsidkenu and can be found for the first time in Jeremiah 23:6. Israel had split into two nations, no longer wanting God to lead them but desiring an earthly king and Girlfriends and guy friends, did they ever spiral into a tail spin that caused them to totally and completely forsake their God. THEIR VERY CREATOR. I wrote in my study book that I truly pray that I never, ever again forsake MY GOD because until we accept Jesus and His righteousness and walk according to His plans, then we are found just like them, forsaking God.

The one thing that really hit me this week was when Kay had us to list all that we observed from Jeremiah 23:1-6 that spoke in this text about the "righteous Branch". As I made my list my thoughts went to Micah 6:8 and I encourage you to look this up for yourself and allow it to penetrate deep into your soul.

I am so thankful that you and I, as Believer's in our Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ, can know Him as The Lord Our Righteousness. God no longer requires us to sacrifice and but He asks of us to walk in obedience (1 Samuel 15:22), to have and give mercy (Hosea 6:6 & Matthew 9:13), to praise Him (Hebrew 13:15, and to acknowledge God (Hosea 6:6).

Please take a few moments and read the gleanings of Edie on this study as well.

Lovingly and thank you for allowing me this opportunity to serve you and to share in my own gleanings,
Yolanda

2 comments:

Edie said...

Thank you for being so patient with me as I try to get back on track. :)

Another great study. One thing that struck me in this study was that this Name refers specifically to Jesus (the Branch of Righteousness). The other names we have studied eluded to Jesus but this on says He will be called by this Name. Jeremiah 23:5-6

Once I got going with this Name I also grasped a a new perspective of the difference in the animal sacrifices and the sacrifice of Christ that I had never really noticed before.

kanishk said...

yes Another great study.!!
post free classifieds