Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, I feel good

I deleted my Facebook account! I am FREE! I've spent way too much time hitting that crazy thing to see if any one is on, etc. Became an Idol, I knew it was, I knew it was....I had been convicted, but I wanted so badly to be connected. It absolutely CONSUMED ME. ADDICTED. Then a sweet Siesta, THANKS MELINDA, posted on her blog about Face [in the] Book and I knew that I knew it was time. I knew that God has just spoken loud and clear because I had tuned Him out prior.


It was hard, I had connected in a little way with some "big names" , but we are all big names with Jesus! Right? He's got our name written in the Book of Life, and that is all that matters...pleasing Him.

I would love to hear from you via e-mail, phone call, U.S. Mail, or God and I's blog. Thanks for understanding.

I Feel Good!


Love,
Yolanda

6 comments:

LisaShaw said...

I'm glad you feel free sweetie. Any time we give more attention to anything other than JESUS he so gently brings conviction to remind us to draw to Him for He is indeed the big name -- the biggest name.

Love you much.

Beth Herring said...

Nothing feels any better than hearing a Word and then obeying! You are such a wonderful inspiration Yolanda. You are so together and I pray that God will continue to use you mightily.

In Him,
Beth

Girl Dreamsalot! said...

How wonderful to see and hear someone that is so in love with Jesus! I love your blog and will pray your fire stays burning bright! May God continue to bless you. Please drop by my blog sometime as well and see what God has been doing!

Hugz,
Ladydreamsalot (Yvonne)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yes, live free! I've often felt the same about blogging and had to draw some firm parameters around the thing. It still gets to me from time to time, but not nearly as much as it did in the beginning.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

peace~elaine

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

A friend had just asked me Friday about starting a Facebook account so I could talk with her while she's on the mission field. I don't know a thing about Facebook but now I'm going to think twice about joining! I spend too much time already just writing on my blog and reading 10 or more women's blogs most every day!

Thanks for being so frank and honest!

God bless,
Marilyn

TRUTH SHARER said...

Yolonda:
Wow - this comment is late but I just checked out your Blog and I had remembered you commenting somewhere on another blog about getting out of Facebook because you were 'addicted'. Someone very close to me said she was praying about spending too much time on Facebook and not enough time in the Word - but I think unfortunately - she has chosen to remain there.
Oh - how I praise God for your obedience to Him when He clearly showed you where that could take you. I always say that satan's biggest tool - is "distraction" and his favorite "tools of the trade" are cell phones, computers, and maybe even i-Pods [whatever they are] becaue I hear people talking about spending so much time on them. I know that i-Pods can download good messages about the Word and good music so I'm not judging these things just saying to watch out for the distraction that the enemy will use [oh, so innocently] to take our focus off of God and His Word.

I praise God with you for this new FREEDOM!!! He will bless you for your obedience!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie